The CyanogenMod team has released the official Android 6.0 Marshmallow update for LG G3 smartphone. As of now, the CyanogenMod 13 is available for various LG G3 variants which include ‘LG G3 Canada’, ‘T-Mobile LG G3’ and of course the ‘Unlocked LG G3’.
The all-new CyanogenMod 13 not only comes with the Marshmallow features but also provides tools to customize your smartphone out of the box. Some of the CM 13 features are Finger Print support, Finger Print support, Better UI, Customization features, battery optimization and much more. So, the users who are willing to update LG G3 to Marshmallow can definitely try out the latest CyanogenMod 13 Custom ROM.
Here, I am going to show the step-by-step guide on how to update LG G3 to Marshmallow via CyanogenMod 13 Custom ROM. Basically, you need to download CyanogenMod 13 for LG G3 as per the variant and go through the below steps to install it. So, let’s get started!
- Keep your LG G3 battery charged up to 70% – 80%.
- Ensure that you have backed up your all important data.
- Your LG G3 Bootloader must be unlocked.
- Make sure your LG G3 is rooted and latest CWM Recovery installed on it.
Download CyanogenMod 13 for LG G3
Note: From the above links get the latest build of CM 13 for LG G3 and also CWM Recovery for it!
How to Update LG G3 to Marshmallow using CyanogenMod 13 Custom ROM
Step 1) Once downloaded all the above files, you need to copy that files to your internal storage of the device.
Step 2) On successful copying, switch off your LG G3 smartphone.
Step 3) You have to start your LG G3 into recovery mode. To do so:
Boot LG G3 into Recovery Mode:
- Hold “Volume Down + Power” buttons together till you get the LG Logo.
- Release the buttons and again immediately hold down both of the buttons again.
- Screen will appear saying “Erase all data & Restore default settings“. Select “Yes” and then again “Yes“.
- That’s it, you are into CWM Recovery mode.
Step 4) Now, it’s time to erase all your data and get ready for an update. So, to factory reset your LG G3 from recovery go for the below steps:
Reset LG G3 to Factory Settings:
- Select “wipe data/factory reset“ option and give “Yes”.
- Again come back to the Recovery main menu, select “wipe cache partition” and “Wipe Dalvik Cache” under advance option to perform Dalvik cache wiping.
- This will revert your device to ‘Factory Settings’.
Step 5) Finally, you can install CM 13 on LG G3 and update it to Marshmallow. For that, you have to flash the ‘.zip’ files which we have copied earlier.
- Go back to Recovery Main Menu.
- Select “install zip from SD card” > “choose zip from SD card” > select “ROM.zip” file > select “OK” to start the flashing process.
- Similarly, you can flash “Marshmallow Gapps” as above.
Step 6) Once you have successfully flashed all the files, choose “++++Go Back++++” > “Reboot system” from Recovery.
Note: Make sure that your device will take maximum 10 – 15 minutes to boot. Till then, you relax and enjoy the new Marshmallow logo.
So, this is how one can easily update T-Mobile LG G3 and other variants to Marshmallow using CM 13 build. In case, if you have any query or might be facing any problem then put down your comments in the comments box below. Have fun!
Download CyanogenMod 13 for LG G3 [Marshmallow Update]
Update LG G3 to Marshmallow via CyanogenMod 13 Custom ROM.