The CyanogenMod team has released the official Android 6.0 Marshmallow update for Android One smartphone. The CyanogenMod 13 Custom ROM is available for various Google Android One variants including ‘Micromax Android One’, ‘Karbonn Android One’ and ‘Spice Android One’.
The all-new CyanogenMod 13 not only comes with the Marshmallow features but also provides tools to customize your smartphone out of the box. Some of the CM 13 features are Finger Print support, Finger Print support, Better UI, Customization features, battery optimization and much more. So, the users who are willing to update Android One to Marshmallow then here is the latest CyanogenMod 13 Custom ROM to try it out!
Here, I am going to show the step-by-step guide on how to update Android One to Marshmallow via CyanogenMod 13 Custom ROM. Basically, you need to download CyanogenMod 13 for Android One as per the variant and go through the below steps to install it. So, let’s get started!
- Keep your Android One battery charged up to 70% – 80%.
- Ensure that you have backed up your all important data.
- Your Android One Bootloader must be unlocked.
- Make sure your Android One is rooted and latest CWM Recovery installed on it.
Download CyanogenMod 13 for Android One
Note: From the above links get the latest build of CM 13 for Android One and also CWM Recovery for it! The same build works for Micromax, Karbonn and Spice devices.
How to Update Android One to Marshmallow using CyanogenMod 13 Custom ROM
Step 1) Once downloaded all the above files, you need to copy that files to your internal storage of the device.
Step 2) On successful copying, switch off your Android One smartphone.
Step 3) You have to start your Android One into recovery mode. To do so:
Boot Android One into Recovery Mode:
- Hold “Volume Up + Power” buttons together till you get the ‘Fastboot Menu’.
- From menu, press “Volume Up” to navigate to “Recovery Mode” option and “Volume Down” to select.
- That’s it, you are into CWM Recovery mode.
Step 4) Now, it’s time to erase all your data and get ready for an update. So, to factory reset your Android One from recovery go for the below steps:
Reset Android One to Factory Settings:
- Select “wipe data/factory reset“ option and give “Yes”.
- Again come back to the Recovery main menu, select “wipe cache partition” and “Wipe Dalvik Cache” under advance option to perform “Dalvik cache wiping“.
- This will revert your device to ‘Factory Settings’.
Step 5) Finally, you can install CM 13 on Android One and update it to Marshmallow. For that, you have to flash the ‘.zip’ files which we have copied earlier.
- Go back to Recovery Main Menu.
- Select “install zip from SD card” > “choose zip from SD card” > select “ROM.zip” file > select “OK” to start the flashing process.
- Similarly, you can flash “Marshmallow Gapps” as above.
Step 6) Once you have successfully flashed all the files, choose “++++Go Back++++” > “Reboot system” from Recovery.
Note: Make sure that your device will take maximum 10 – 15 minutes to boot. Till then, you relax and enjoy the new Marshmallow logo.
So, this is how one can easily update Micromax Android One and other variants to Marshmallow using CM 13 build. In case, if you have any query or might be facing any problem then put down your comments in the comments box below. Have fun!
Download CyanogenMod 13 for Android One [Micromax, Karbonn, Spice]
Get the CyanogenMod 13 for Android One supporting Micromax, Karbonn and Spice.